From The Archive: What I've Been Doing Lately (May 5th 2015)

3:56 PM


Reading: Lately, a lot of cookbooks. My current favorites are 'River Cottage Veg' and as always, my very favorite, 'The Kinfolk Table'. I've also always got my nose buried in the latest issue of 'frankie magazine' that I've been collecting since my freshman year of high school.

Watching: Grey's Anatomy, as always. (Although, the proper adjective there might be 'weeping' instead of watching!) I've also recently fallen in love with Heidi Elnora's "Bride By Design" and can't stop marathon streaming it. She's the sweetest southern angel.

Listening: Mat Kearney's latest album 'Just Kids', Taylor Swift (forever) & Copeland's 'Ixora'.

Craving: The perfect pair of clogs for summer, cinnamon donuts & the next Avengers movie- Age of Ultron left me with so many questions about the future films, it's all I can think about.

Celebrity: My forever girl is, again, Taylor Swift. If you want to make me talk non-stop for hours, just bring her up. James McAvoy, Harry Styles & Sandra Bullock can also get me babbling at any given time.

Advice: Go with love. It's what I always try to govern my life & my decisions by. Treating others with absolute and honest kindness is something I'm very passionate about.

Icons: Can I list Taylor Swift for three answers without it getting repetitive? Ingrid Michaelson, Audrey Hepburn, Mindy Kaling, Naomi Davis (of the Love Taza blog) & Sherri DuPree Bemis are a few others I hold in the highest regard.

Purse: Small and practical. I always magically end up with small bags that surprisingly carry a lot. My bag is usually filled with all the makeup bits and bobs I need during the day (ie: about 14 different lip balms) as well as assorted emergency essentials. If I go anywhere with my mom or girlfriend, you can bet at least a few of their things end up in my bag, too.

Food: I just moved into my own place with the most beautiful kitchen, so food is at the front of my mind at all times. I'm constantly checking out (and pinning) new recipes, and learning tricks for future meals whenever possible. I recently made the most divine Panzanella: half improvised, a quarter Ina Garten & a quarter from River Cottage Veg. Next up, I'm planning a big fancy cake & a poached egg breakfast.

Peeves: As a person, I am actually very difficult to annoy! I don't get bothered by much. Usually, just rudeness and unfriendliness bother me most. I just don't see the need for that.

Hobby: I'm a little bit of a crafting nut! My current work in progress is a rug made from yarn pompoms, but I have plans to refinish a boring tabletop with some gorgeous Rifle Paper Company patterns...stay tuned for that!

Lately I've Been: getting settled in my new place & loving creating a home with my girlfriend, soaking up the Spring sunshine & learning, learning, learning.

Love always, 
Sam x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe