From The Archive: Spring Rollouts (Feb 23rd 2015)

3:43 PM

As a girl who has always been Winter's biggest fan, this year I have had a surprising change of heart and find myself counting down the days until Spring is officially here. Luckily, the past few weeks, Portland has seemed very confused about what season it is- and frankly, I'm all for it. Along with the beautiful weather, this time of year is one of my favorites for another reason: Spring roll-outs.

Whenever my favorite companies and brands release new collections & products, I am instantly inspired, but something about Spring collections always feel the most special. There's often a bit of difficulty in trying to break out of a creative rut coming out of the cold season, so Spring is always this burst of energy and creativity for me. It's one of those things that never fails to get my mind racing about different design ideas, or ways to style an outfit. It's every creative's dream. So, I thought what better way to celebrate these new launches than to give you a rundown of my absolute favorite pieces for Spring! Read on below to see my picks for this sunny season.




I'm definitely a sucker for anything and everything both J.Crew and Madewell release. The sister brands are consistently putting out stylish and contemporary pieces that lend themselves to so many different styles, and as a result, so many people. Above I picked my top 3 favorite pieces from both of their new launches. A few staples & 'not-so-basic' basics in a lot of neutral colors, but they're all versatile and chic enough to outlast many season changes. Midi skirts are my personal favorite, and they're very on trend right now- that little striped number from J. Crew will be headed home to my closet in no time, and I for one can't wait.






This highly anticipated Paper Crown collection has been something I feel like I've been talking about non stop for months. Collaborating with my favorite artist, Anna Bond of the glorious Rifle Paper Company, Lauren Conrad's brand totally jumped into my mind and created everything I've ever wanted in a collection. Flirty and feminine, the pieces in this line are universally appealing. Whether you aren't one for prints (the paler floral colorways will sway you!) or you love garments that make a statement, each piece is sure to be something that stands out as a favorite in your closet for years to come.






Headed back into neutral territory (obviously I'm a little partial to that this season) here are a few favorites from scattered places. Firstly, the Topshop jumpsuit of my dreams. I have too many jumpsuits and rompers to count, so clearly I'd be obsessed with this one. That pale blue-grey is an amazing color, and the jumpsuit itself is so clean-cut and elegant. Secondly, this back detailing makes this dress my favorite from Aritzia's new arrivals list. The front panel and the modest tea length of the dress perfectly compliment its crossed back. I could see myself wearing this all the way until September rolls around and pries it from my unwilling hands. Finally, Loft has been impressive with their new line, as well. I'm in love with the mod feel of this dress- from the pattern, to the colorblocked panels, I am entirely sold.  Then, this blouse is the perfect cross between suiting and a pajama top- and that pale pink is perfect for the season.






Finally, my favorite online shopping destinations have been kicking out fantastic products. Both ASOS and Modcloth have a long standing record of adoration in my eyes, and this year is no different. Firstly, pictured in the middle, these floral chinos are one of the sweetest pants I've seen Modcloth release in a long time. The colors are vibrant, and the chino cut is one of my all time favorite styles. Then, winning me over with the most gorgeous textiles, ASOS has one of my favorite dresses for this season, and the most beautiful duo of separates I've seen so far. The cornflour blue scuba material is a standout on its own, but the darling fit & flare cut of the dress is what really won me over. Then, what might be my favorite Spring release (the jury is still out) this gorgeous floral top & pant combo are beyond words for me. The open back detailing on that top alone is enough to make me fall in love, but when you pair it with the matching trousers, it's literally a match made in jumpsuit heaven. It's a little on the pricier side, but I would see myself living in that outfit and never once regretting it.

What are you loving this Spring?
All the love,
Sam x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe